Welcome to the 270th edition of Android Apps Weekly! Here's the big news this past week:
- Huawei is busy preparing an article store in case the US ban never lights. The company has sent a lot of e-mails to developers to encourage them to publish their programs in Huawei's store. This is not an unusual exercise. Many of the third-party app stores email developers for the same reason. It's a pragmatic Huawei's move and a half-decent contingency plan.
- Google has temporarily changed the wording of the Play Store refund policy this week. It is now said that decisions for a refund up to four days can last. It's much longer than the previous 15 minute window. Google didn't announce anything, so the move just happened. It does not affect the time it takes to process an approved refund or refund window itself.
- There were a lot of mobile game announcements on E3 2019. We all go over briefly. Microsoft the Gears POP! On the Play Store for pre-registration this week. It should start in the next month or two.
- Bethesda announced a commanding officer, Keen mobile game after mixed reactions. Some people are excited about a nostalgic journey, while others like it as not a mobile game. The match will start on June 27 this year.
- Ubisoft announced Tom Clancy's Elite team for mobile. It will have a third-person perspective and it should start somewhere in 2019. You can register for this.
- Square Enix announced two mobile games. The first is & # 39; n remastered edition of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. The classic GameCube game must be launched in the winter of 2019. In addition, Square Enix announces a port of Romancing SaGa 3.
- A Netflix CEO talked about & nbsp; a mobile RPG stranger during E3 along with a potential Fortnite crossover. We don't know much about this one. It needs a 1980s comic animation style and its set to start in 2020 at a certain point. That's all we know now.
Planet Sling is an arcade runner with some unique mechanics. You turn around planets and start at the right angle to hit the next planet. You earn points for every planet you hit. The game features some game modes, some unlocked content, and simple control. There are also in-app purchases. However, this is for the unlocking of ships and has no carrier games. So it's not free to win. It's a neat, little free jewel.
MIUI-ify is a customization program. It offers a MIUI 10-style quick settings menu and notification panel. The program has many of the same features, such as conversions for various system settings and a glossy slider. It comes from the bottom of the screen instead of the top and it's a good idea for bigger phones. The menus are also customizable. It should also work well with most themes. The free version is on & # 39; a trial, so you should eventually buy the app.
Knights of Tartarus are an open world RPG style game. It has a retro look, early 1990's style game, and lots of places to unlock and explore. The controls are simply on-screen buttons and you shouldn't have trouble learning how to play. The very retro styling is not for everyone, but the game is still fun. It runs for $ 7.99 and it's a bit expensive. However, there are no in-app purchases or ads to drag off the experience.
Luminary recently started with different levels of criticism and praise. This is a podcast platform with a lot of shows. However, users have the option of paying an ad-free content subscription service or just listening to the ads. It has become quite reasonable in the podcast industry, and some outlets, such as Spotify, do not offer content on Luminary. The app is a neat idea if you don't have a Netflix-of-something idea yet, but this one can be much longer to see its potential than most. However, there is a free version of the program if you want to try it.
Break Bad: Criminal Elements is a new free game. It's a repeat of most mobile strategy games. You manufacture a work area to make meth, upgrade it to produce even more meth, and use the money to upgrade things even further. The point of departure is not something new, but the execution is decent. You defend your lab from (even worse) negative elements and expand your territory while you go. It's definitely a cash grab and it's definitely not original. But fans of the series and people who like these types of games can enjoy it.
If we missed any great Android apps or games news, updates or launches, please tell us in the comments!