With Windows 8, Microsoft has simplified the user experience for a new touch-centric world. This means that the old school's control panel is moved in the background and brings a new touch-friendly setup program to the forefront. In this guide we show you how to find the control panel Windows 10.
Both the control panel and the setup program seem to serve the same function: To allow for the customization and control of the Windows 10 experience. Now that we are approaching Windows 10's fourth year, most users now fall into the Settings application – even in Desktop mode – simply because it's convenient.
But a closer look shows that Microsoft is still distributing Windows 10 settings over both. For example, you can create accounts with the Settings program, but you can only change your account type through Control Panel. Do you want to have a different theme? Use the Settings application. Do you want to change your DNS settings? Do this through the Control Panel.
All this says, both are really needed to fully manage your computer. Here's our guide on how to get to the Control Panel in Windows 10, based on version 1809 (October 2018 Update).
Use the Start menu
1. Click it start button.
2. Scroll down and click Extend the Windows System Folder on the Start menu.
3. Choose Control panel.
1. type Control panel in Cortana's search box on the toolbar.
2. Click Control panel in the results.
Related: How to Download Windows 10 in Safe
Use the Settings application
1. Click the Start button and select the "gear" icon on the Start menu. This opens the Settings application.
2. type Control panel in the search box.
3. Choose Control panel in the results.
Use the Run command
1. Press it Windows and "R" keys simultaneously.
2. type Control panel in the Begin command text box.
3. Click OK.
Use Task Manager
1. Press it Control, Alternatives and Remove buttons simultaneously.
2. Choose Task manager.
3. Click file in the upper left corner.
4. Choose Start new task in the menu.
5. type Control panel in the text box.
6. Click OK.
Use Windows PowerShell
1. Right-click on the start button.
2. Choose Windows PowerShell in the drop-down menu.
3. type Control panel at the fast and pressure tap.
This includes our tutorial on how to open control panel in Windows 10. For more tips and tricks, try these guides: