Whether you like playing on computer, console, or you're a casual mobile gamer, and it's not denied that some games work best with a controller. The PS4 DualShock controller is at the top of the list for many, thanks to its sleek frame, comfortable feel and good feedback. Therefore, in this article we show you how to use a PlayStation 4 controller, regardless of your choice platform.
How to connect a PS4 controller to your PlayStation 4
If you damage your PS4 controller in a rage of anger after numerous deaths at several Bloodborne bosses, it's time for a replacement. How do you connect your new DualShock 4 to your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 4 Pro? It's very simple. Here's what to do:
- Find the original micro USB cable included with your PlayStation console. This is the cable you would normally use to control your PS4 controllers.
- Connect the cable to your console and then plug it into the DualShock 4 controller you want to connect.
- Press the PlayStation button in the center of the controller. If successfully paired, the light bar should glow slowly without flashing. Don't worry about the color – it changes according to the number of controllers currently merged.
- If your controller is already charged, all you have to do is disconnect it and enjoy your favorite game.
How to connect a PS4 controller to a Windows computer
One of the best things about computer games is the freedom of choice and variety of peripherals. So, if you're stuck and can't unlock all of your Super Meat Boy achievements with a keyboard, you can always use your PS4 controller. Connecting a PS4 controller to your computer is not as simple as an Xbox controller, but it is not impossible at all. First you will need to install DS4Windows. This software will trick your computer into recognizing your DualShock 4 as an Xbox controller.
Here's what to do after downloading the latest build of DS4Windows:
- Right-click on the zip file and select & # 39; Extract & # 39; or & # 39; Extract & # 39; here.
- Open the DS4 file and double-click the DS4Windows.exe file. You will be asked where you want the settings and profiles to be saved. Choose either Program Folder or App Data, depending on your preference. We recommend choosing the program.
- Follow the screen steps and install the correct driver for your Windows version.
- Simply plug in your DualShock 4 on your computer with a micro USB cable.
If you want to use the controller wirelessly, your computer or laptop must have a Bluetooth receiver built in, or you must & # 39; DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adapter. If you already have one of them, this is what you need to do:
- Turn Bluetooth on your computer / laptop. On Windows 8 and 10 you can usually find it via PC settings> PC and devices> Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the PlayStation and Share buttons simultaneously for a few seconds. The light beam should start flashing. The PS4 DualShock should then appear in the list of Bluetooth devices as Wireless Controller. Click and connect the device.
- You may be prompted for some code. If so, enter 0000.
- Start your favorite game and enjoy!
Note: Steam games are supposed to work with a PS4 controller without installing additional software. However, this is not always the case, so we recommend installing DS4Windows regardless.
How to Connect a PS4 Controller to an Android Smartphone or Tablet
Ports of computer games, especially Indians, are becoming increasingly common on Google Play. However, touch controls are far from ideal for some of these titles. This is where your DualShock 4 returns to save the day! Connecting it to your Android phone is incredibly easy. No need to root or install additional apps! All you have to do is turn on your Bluetooth (Settings> Wireless & networks> Bluetooth) and follow the same steps as described in the PC Wireless pairing above.
However, we must warn you that the PlayStation 4 controls may not be compatible with some games, even if properly paired. You can look our list of Android games with gamepad support and test them out. IOS devices, on the other hand, do not work with a PS4 controller.
These are our tips on how to connect PS4 DualShock 4 controllers to your different devices. Did we miss something? Let us know in the comments below.