Huawei is reported to be the consequences of being placed on the US entity list, which prohibits the use of hardware and software products from US companies by the China-based smartphone. According to an unconfirmed news release, Huawei is now believed to have closed the production of several of its smartphones.
The news comes via the South China Morning Post, with reference to a nameless source. It says that Foxconn, the Taiwan company that makes smartphones for a number of companies, has cut production for several Huawei devices due to a request from the company. The specific Huawei smartphones are not mentioned in the article. The outlet adds that it is not known whether Huawei's move to reduce telephone commands is just a temporary measure or part of a long-term plan, as manufacturers are able to place orders under multiple conditions. increase or decrease.
Zhao Ming, the president of Huawei's sub-brand honor, was asked about the reported track in phone production at & # 39; n Honor 20 Pro Friday starts in China. He indicated that he was not aware of the situation, but also reported reports on how the US hardware and software bans affected the overseas Honor sales.
Huawei had previously set out to surpass Samsung as the top smart phone manufacturer by the end of 2020. With the new US part and software ban, Honor's Zhao Ming now says it's too early to tell whether or not it will reach its goal.
research Firm Gartner said earlier this year, Huawei had 15.7 percent worldwide smartphone market worldwide. It was good enough for second place, behind Samsung's 19.2 percent. But in between carriers that refuse Huawei devices And key companies cut ties for now, it will be difficult to maintain momentum. We contacted Huawei to confirm the story and will update the article accordingly as / when we receive a reply.