Having the core resources available means developers can start with custom kernels for the latest OnePlus phones. It also means that developers can start working on custom AOSP-based ROMs such as LineageOS and Pixel Experience for the devices.
OnePlus also announced that Android Q beta is now available for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro here and here, respectively. The steps for installing the beta are the same as for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. Make sure that look at our guide on how to install the Android Q beta on non-Pixel phones.
According to OnePlus, there are seven known issues listed below:
- Ambient Display does not work.
- System stability problems.
- Cannot send SMS when LIST is on.
- Navigation gesture does not work.
- Recovery mode does not work.
- Some programs may not work as expected.
- Issue with MTP that doesn't allow you to copy rollback from computer to call.
To install the update, your phone must have at least 3 GB of storage and a battery level above 30 percent. OnePlus also notes that you are at risk of bumping your phone, but you should be good if you follow the steps.