The big news this week was actually the fall of Trump's decision Add Huawei to the well-known entity list last week. The dominoes started falling Google pulled in Huawei's access to Android on Sunday. Since then, Qualcomm, Intel, arm, the SD Association, the Wi-Fi Alliance, and others cut links with the Chinese company to comply with US law. Keep the whole story in our handy Huawei vs. the Trump administration timeline.
It didn't stop Huawei releasing the release Honor 20 Pro, which offers an excellent experience for an excellent price. However, the jury is still in progress whether you need to buy a Huawei phoneas they are only guaranteed receive updates until August 29.. It can all blow over as A trade agreement was previously hammered, but at the moment everything is unclear.
In other news, we have our first look at Xiaomi's Redmi Note 7S, which is a promising device in the middle of it Note 7 rule. We also need the Fxtec Pro1, A phone with a controversial throwback feature: a physical QWERTY keyboard.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Huawei and the Trump debacle: The story so far – Here's an overview of the latest news of the turn-off between Huawei and the Trump administration.
- Honor 20 Pro review: Daily luxury – The Honor 20 Pro carries many of the features of Huawei's flagship, but at a lower price. Do you have to get it?
- Fxtec Pro1 hands-on: The sliding QWERTY keyboard phone is back – The Fxtec Pro1 offers a physical QWERTY keyboard in a retro-slide shape factor.
- Redmi Note 7S hands-on: The perfect middle ground – The Redmi Note 7S brings a fantastic photography experience to an affordable new price point.
- Google Assistant at Three Years: Best to come – Google's fiery assistant is now three years old. Will this voice-activated tool ever reach its potential?
- OnePlus 6 / 6T redux: Are they still worth it? – We look back at the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Are they still worth it in 2019? How good are they in today's market?
- I'm tired of giving the battery life for a reasonably large phone – I don't want to fly a big phone, but I don't want a bad battery life either. What should I do?
- Need to buy a Huawei device now? – There are many reasons to buy Huawei smartphones, but the Trump blacklist has turned everything around.
- Here's why losing a much bigger deal for Huawei than losing Google – Thought Huawei lost Google would be a killing for the Chinese giant? It lights up compared to the loss of Arm.
- The Huawei ban is not only bad for the company, it's bad for Android in general – If these Huawei ban sticks, it won't only hurt the company. We will all feel the pain.
Learn more about the Android Podcast
This week's podcast edition was all about Huawei. Find out what we think about the decision to ban the Chinese giant from the world's lucrative market. Listen to the whole episode below!
Do you want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Sign in with your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Pixel 3a XL?
Don't miss this video
That's it, people! We'll get another exciting and more up-to-date story for you next week. In order to keep abreast of all the things Android authority meanwhile, please sign up for our newsletters at the link below.